We had our first night in Paris in our lovely apartment on Isle of St. Louis. It's the perfect size and in beautiful area of the city. Being August, the locals vacate the city and go to the south of France, Italy and other exotic locations for their month long vacations. This allows us to move around he city easier than any other time of the year. Don't get me wrong, it's still busy but at least I can get a cab when I need one.
It was a great day of shopping and selected a couple of items from a local French designer. I was surprised to see a long line at the Louis Vuitton store of at least 20 people waiting to shop for that perfect French item. The prices are better here and I’m sure it's because we are buying a French item in France.
The apartment sits above a couple of very nice cafes. I opened the large windows which allowed cool, crisp air to fill the room. Below in the cafes was the slight clinking of glasses, soft chatter and lovely French music. It was a perfect formula to lull me into sleep and into nice dreams of what my next day will bring me here in Paris.
The apartment sits above a couple of very nice cafes. I opened the large windows which allowed cool, crisp air to fill the room. Below in the cafes was the slight clinking of glasses, soft chatter and lovely French music. It was a perfect formula to lull me into sleep and into nice dreams of what my next day will bring me here in Paris.

No comments:
Post a Comment