Saturday, June 23, 2012

Paris Apartment Secured!


I found an apartment on the Isle of St Louis, Paris.  It's not as "Paris" fashionable as I thought it would be, but the extra space and the quietness will replace any of it's shortcomings.  It will be a great place to land at the end of an exhausting day of shopping and viewing the city.  I shall walk around with Parisian music piped into my ears; take in the lovely aroma of croissants; watch the people in the cafes and listen to a language that I can only wish I could speak. Ahhh...I can't wait!   


Now we (travel partner and I) need to decide if we stay in Bruges, Brussels, Antwerp or Ghent when we leave Paris.  I, personally, think she is going to meet a fabulously rich aristocrat while wandering the streets of Paris who is going to invite her to spend the next few days on his yacht and all of these decisions will be moot.  :-) Of course, I can't let her wander off by herself and I need to make certain she is safe (to a certain degree).

Now back to reality.....One of our choices is Bruges with lovely canals, great architecture, and stay-awhile cafés. We can bike along a canal, munch mussels, drink monk-made beer, see a Michelangelo, and savor heavenly chocolate, while listening to the bells that rings out "be happy" jingles.  I'm meeting with my travel friend tonight for dinner and we will make the tough decision on where we go after Paris.....what will it be?  Brussels? Bruges? Antwerp? or Ghent?  TOUGH decision.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment