My travel partners and I put our heads together and decided that our home base will be Brussels when we leave Paris. The picture to the right is the hotel. Unless it's a trick, this hotel is the best value in the world. We are only paying $150 per night! It's not a cozy, boutique hotel that I would normally select, but I think I'll like it. ;-)
Selecting Brussels does not mean we're stuck or even staying full-time; it just means our suitcases have a home ;-) I have also purchased our train tickets from Paris to Brussels.
We are planning a day trip to Brugge....stay tuned for more details on that excursion!
A few fun notes: In the summer, average daily maximum temperatures rarely exceed 22ºC (73ºF). The summer visitor should always be prepared for rain in Brussels. Brussels operates as a bilingual city where both French (80%) and Dutch (Flemish) (20%) are official languages. Thus all the streets have two names, which can sound totally different.
Belgium gets on average approximately 200 days of rainfall per year, both which are more than that of London and Paris


No comments:
Post a Comment